Saturday, September 17, 2011

Proceed at your Own Pace

The other day I was talking with one of my colleagues about what I occasionally refer to as my "personal miracle" of  reversing and healing diabetes.   Those of you who know me are aware that I am on a mission to assist as many people as possible who desire to rid themselves of diabetes and any other physical malady by using natural remedies.

That day, I mentioned my support group to my colleague who shared with me that her father is a diabetic.  She mentioned that he does not talk about his health, no one knows what his fasting or A1C numbers are, and he insists on adding large amounts of white sugar to his tea.  Her annoyance was obvious.

At that point, I informed her that her father does not sound as though he is ready to change his lifestyle, which is what is required if one desires to reverse and eventually cure the disease.  I also pointed out that health is a matter of choice, and it appears that her father is not choosing health at this time.  As difficult as it may be, we are not in control of anyone's life other than our own.  We do not like to see a loved one acting in ways which are detrimental to their health, but there is nothing we can do for him/her directly other than pray.  Nagging others and judging them does not work, and in addition, can cause the other person undue stress and may even ruin the relationship.

The message here is that everyone progresses at their own pace.  Some take longer than others.  Reward others for even the slightest improvement or change in lifestyle.  Compliments go a long way!!!  If a loved one who is diabetic chooses to use two teaspoons of sugar instead of three in their tea, acknowledge them for it!

I personally believe that my colleague's father will one day choose health.  I can recall more than one time during my journey of reversing diabetes when I just HAD to have something sweet which contained white sugar.  Yes - I fell off the wagon and had a chocolate-chip cookie from McDonald's.  You know the kind - they're large and soft and gooey and loaded with white sugar and God knows what else.  It was WONDERFUL.  It was also a very bad decision on my behalf even though it was a conscious, thought-out decision. 

Did I condemn myself for having a chocolate-chip cookie from McDonald's??? Absolutely not.  I acknowledged that I needed to try hard not to do that again and I went on with my life.  I did that about 3 times, and have never done it again. 

The point is, none of us are perfect.  Our journeys are personal and are truly are own.  Respect yourself and respect others for their decisions.  We can share information, but we do not have the right to force anyone to change, even if the change is for their own good.  If someone asks for assistance or advice, give it to them wholeheartedly.  If he/she chooses to ignore your advice even though they requested it, that's ok.  It's not your job to force them.  And, one day - they just might follow through with your advice!

With much love and blessings to all,
Queen Mother

No comments:

Post a Comment