Sunday, October 14, 2012

Your Meter is your Friend

Did you know that your blood glucose meter is your friend?  I have spoken with countless people who have challenges with their blood sugar levels (notice I do not label them as being diabetic!), who tell me that they do not like to test.  Testing is the only way you can be in charge of what's going on in your body.

I recently had a conversation with my medical doctor, who seemed surprised when I told him that I frequently test my blood glucose levels.  The conversation arose because I requested a prescription for test strips.  He stated to me "why do you put yourself through that pain?  Just come to me every few months for blood work I will tell you your A1C number."   I informed him that I would continue having blood work done, however I also intend to self-test at home as well.

Here's the point everyone - if you do not test at home, you are not going to be aware if your blood sugar level is increasing unless you have a huge spike which lands you in the hospital.  Self-testing is essential if you intend to reverse the dis-ease and ultimately rid yourself of the prescription medication.  Knowledge is the key which will lead you to your cure.  If you wait until you have an annual or semi-annual medical checkup to find out whether your blood sugar level, you may learn that you have let several months pass in which you could have been proactively working to bring your level back to a normal range.  I know that testing can be irritating if not painful to some, but the rewards greatly outweigh the discomfort; you CAN reverse so-called diabetes.  Know your body for yourself.  Refuse to be at the mercy of others who may not have your best interests in mind.

Have you found a naturopathic doctor yet?  If you live in the NYC area, try Dr. Christopher Saltpaw.  His telephone number is (917) 968-1038.  Visit his website www.grassrootsnaturalmedicine.com.  If you are not in the NYC area, you can give him a call anyway because he may be able to refer you to someone in your area and perhaps offer a word of encouragement.

Take charge of your life and your health.  Let your blood glucose monitor be your friend.  Reversing/curing diabetes is not for everyone; however if you desire to rid yourself of insulin and oral medication, self-testing can be one of the most effective tools in your arsenal along with cinnamon...moringa...lemon....water...green beans.....more to come!


No comments:

Post a Comment